Dating Sites - Top 7 Worse Experiences In Singapore



Top 7 Worse Experiences On Dating Sites In Singapore


In Singapore, the escape room dating concept has become more and more popular in the past 4-years, and it shows no signs of slowing down soon.

Being a great place for couples to be put in a pressurized scenario and forced to rely on each other to solve puzzles to unlock the room, it is a great place to build teamwork and understand a different side of your partner.

However, what happens if you do not have a partner to bring to an escape room? 

Nowadays, dating sites and dating apps are the norm to find a partner in our increasingly busy and career-driven urban world. One where people are getting more digitally connected and less in person, and a time where the majority of the younger millennial generation is.

In 2017, the online dating industry was estimated to be worth $3 billion, and in Singapore, there is a flurry of dating apps that have sprung up to cater to this demand.

However, not every dating site or dating app is good, as bad experiences such as no-shows, double bookings, and weird dating behavior have tarnished the name of these dating sites.

Here, we show you the top 5 worst experiences in dating sites in Singapore:


1. Tinder

"They started cuddling in the street..."

X’s Tinder profile made me laugh, so I swiped right.

I was with a friend and hastily asked X out, confident that he wasn’t going to come at such a short time.

He surprisingly showed up and I had to awkwardly introduce him to my friend.

I was way too drunk to hold a good conversation and was dozing off.

X was being reasonably pleasant until my friend said she was going outside for a cigarette.

He said he wanted to have a smoke too, and they stepped outside together.

They started cuddling in the street.
I just thought it was pretty disrespectful.

Anyway, I left shortly after and unmatched X on Tinder.

Also, that girl isn’t my friend anymore (for different reasons).

Elaine, 27 


"He had gotten married only three months ago..."

I matched with a 33-year-old guy on Tinder who seemed to have it all—he was tall, in finance and seemed like a nice guy.

After talking for a week, we met for drinks at a local bar. I agreed because I thought we’d get along well.

After some drinks, I started to get cozy with him….until I glanced down and saw a ring on his finger. 

I immediately asked him about it, hoping to hear another explanation. 

But how wrong I was!

Even though he had gotten married only three months ago, he had the audacity to touch me and proudly say that he wasn’t doing anything wrong. 

Disgusted, I yelled at him to go home to his partner and left.

Jamie, 22

2. OkCupid

"Threatened my naked video with $10,000..."

I met a girl on OkCupid and we exchanged Skype contacts as we could really click.

During one of our Skype sessions, things began to get hot.

Since it was a video call, we saw each other’s faces and other body parts.

What happened was she recorded the entire thing and threatened to send the video to all of my Facebook friends if I didn’t pay her $10k.

So I decided to test her patience by stalling instead of paying up. She didn’t let up, and I called the police.

The police said it would be hard to track her down as she was most likely overseas, and she did not send it in the end.

Fernando, 23


"She spontaneously started the game without me..."

There was this girl whom I met on OkCupid and it was a while before we met up.

She was into Mobile Legends (a mobile game), and I played a little of it, so I decided we should meet up for a date.

The worst part was when we went for desserts afterward. (Idk why I decided to go on to desserts but I do, fml).

After we chose the desserts, I went to order them, and when I’m back, she was on ML.

And guess what, when her friends invited her for a game, she spontaneously started the game without me.

And I just stared at her for like, 20 minutes while she played her game, oblivious to my presence.

By then, I already finished my desserts.

I just watching her slowly eat her ice cream, which had already melted by then.

Funxp (On Reddit)

3. Coffee Meets Bagel

"She bombarded me with the same message over and over again..."

I messaged this girl “hi :)” and we chatted about school.

She asked if we could move over to WhatsApp but I didn’t really enjoy our conversation.

I thought that would be the end until she bombarded me with the same message over and over again. 

She sent me "Haha wanna WhatsApp or something" 4 times and "Number?" 3 times, in quick succession.

She literally grabbed my phone and texted herself, replying, “yeah sure text me.” 

This just led to even more persistent messaging… which I never replied to.

Will, 26

4. Bumble

"...while she ran around the bar and flirted with other guys..."

This girl and I matched on Bumble and we had so much in common. 

She seemed like a really cool girl whom I was okay with meeting

As we were texting one day, we realized we were in the same area and she invited me to join her at Clarke Quay for drinks. 

But when I showed up, she was already drunk.

I stuck around and talked to her friends while she ran around the bar and flirted with other dudes. 

In the end, she disappeared without telling me and crawled into a cab at 3am. 

She texted me the next day to apologize but I never responded.

John, 24

"he made a video of himself walking through Singapore to J-Lo’s early 2000’s hit, “Jenny From The Block.”..."

I downloaded Bumble for the first time, and the first guy I matched with messaged me way too much.

Getting annoyed with constantly being on Bumble, I gave him my number instead. Bad Decision!

I immediately regretted this decision as he started to narrate his entire life story to me. 

I stopped responding so he messaged me on Bumble, where I ghosted him again.

He then decided to give it one last shot and record himself walking through Singapore to J-Lo’s early 2000’s hit, “Jenny From The Block.” 

He edited the words to tell me how much he wanted to go out with me and that I needn’t think too much about the video.

I couldn’t believe that he took the time to make the video. 

Also, I couldn’t help but question who had filmed it, and how he explained that to them. 

Needless to say, I pretended he never existed.

Jenn, 24

Popular Posts